Speech and Language Therapist
30 hours per week, Term-Time Only
Brantridge School, Haywards Heath, RH17 6EQ
£17,421.33 - £24,326.01 per annum (FTE £25,393 - £35,457pa) Scale R5 – R7, Range 27-50
Brantridge School is a residential special school located in Staplefield, near Haywards Heath, designed to meet the educational, behavioural, care and therapeutic needs for up to 54 boys (age 6-13 years). Our children have a range of special needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
The School is part of Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust and it has established a strong reputation with children, parents and professionals alike in educating and caring for pupils with challenging behaviour and associated learning difficulties. You will join a professional and dedicated educational team.
We are seeking a Speech and Language Therapist who has several years' clinical experience at a high level and in-depth understanding of the impact of social communication difficulties on pupil progress and achievement. You will have experience of working with pupils with relevant complex learning difficulties, which include challenging behaviour and will be responsible for supporting the Head teacher in managing and developing the blended teaching and therapy approach within the school, whilst holding a caseload of pupils.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has several years' experience of working with pupils with relevant complex learning difficulties;
- Has knowledge of SEN including ASD/SLI/ADHD;
- Has high level, in-depth understanding of the impact of social communication difficulties on pupil progress and achievement;
- Is enthusiastic and strongly motivated to join a multi-disciplinary team;
- Has experience of providing intensive specialist support;
- Demonstrates an innovative and flexible working style;
- Has some experience of delivering therapy within the education sector;
- Is passionate about high quality education and support for children of all abilities;
- Is a reflective practitioner;
- Can work effectively with a range of professionals to achieve the best outcomes for the children;
- Has excellent communication skills;
- Has the ability to lead and develop a team;
- Behaviour Management training will be provided.
To apply, please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by post to; Emma Powell, Senior HR & Finance Administrator, Brantridge School, Staplefield, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH17 6EQ.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
For more information please contact the School Office on 01444 400 228.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to a 6 month probationary period and an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Monday 19th March 2018
Closing date: 19 Mar 2018