Senior Deputy Headteacher
Young People’s Academy and The Skills Hub
£64,468 - £70,774
Young People's Academy and The Skills Hub are a special school and alternative provision based one mile apart in the outer London Borough of Hillingdon working with children who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties.Both schools are for children and young people aged 11-16, with YPA developing a sixth form for the new academic year. We aim for our young people to lead a happy and holistically prosperous life by developing the skills for them to move successfully along their life journeys. Both provisions are currently in the advanced pre-opening stage for a new Free School with the intention to bring both schools together in a brand new build on the existing YPA site.
Both schools are sponsored by Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust (OHC&AT). As an outstanding provider and Academy sponsor, Orchard Hill College has a strong track record for making a positive impact within the local communities that it serves.
You will be ambitious, a proven leader either at already at Deputy level or ready to take up the challenge, and have a track record in successfully implementing school improvement. You will need to:
- be a highly capable leader, with a clear sense of vision, strategic thinking and purpose
- be an exceptional classroom practitioner, ideally with expertise in the field of Special Needs
- have recent and relevant experience of highly effective leadership and a strong track record in raising standards
- have a full understanding of processes involving children in care, child protection and safeguarding and be committed to working in partnership
- be collegiate, responsive, highly approachable and have the ability to inspire colleagues, pupils and their families
We can offer:
- the opportunity to develop skills and experience within a family of providers
- staff and an Executive Board who are committed and dedicated to success
- support and guidance from Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Please contact the school office to arrange a tour of The Skills Hub and Young People's Academy
Closing Date for applications: 5.00 p.m. on Friday 23rd February 2018
Selection process and Interview: Thursday 8th March 2018
Closing date: 23 Feb 2018