17 hours per week, Term Time Only
Brantridge School, Haywards Heath, RH17 6EQ
£9,872.12 - £13,784.74 per annum (FTE £25,393 - £35,457pa) Scale R5 – R7, Range 27-50
Brantridge School is residential special school located in Staplefield, near Haywards Heath, designed to meet the educational, behavioural, care and therapeutic needs for up to 54 boys (age 6-13 years). Our children have a range of special needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
The School is part of Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust and it has established a strong reputation with children, parents and professionals alike in educating and caring for pupils with challenging behaviour and associated learning difficulties. You will join a professional and dedicated educational team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and strongly motivated individual to join our school to provide intensive specialist support for pupils. We seek a therapist who wants to develop their career, skills and knowledge in a specialist educational setting from Key Stage 1, 2 and 3. Experience of working with children with a wide range of needs is desirable.
- support the teachers by providing group or individual activities and specific programmes of support to achieve learning objectives across all areas of the curriculum.
- support the boys with specific areas of learning difficulty and advise them of strategies to deal with problems they encounter, to encourage independence, maintain personal confidence to enable them to reach their full potential.
- maintain a record of events and progress, highlighting issues of concern to the class teacher and to ensure pupil data is available to inform assessment and future planning.
- liaise with the teachers and care team within the school, social care staff, other professional colleagues, parents and carers to encourage the effective sharing of knowledge and information to better understand the needs of the pupils.
- will need to meet the provision designated by the Education Health Care Plans/Statements for all students
If you believe you can help our pupils to fulfil their potential at school, at home and in their communities and are looking for a fresh challenge, then this role may be just what you are looking for.
To apply, please send your completed application form to email@example.com or by post to; Emma Powell, Senior HR & Finance Administrator, Brantridge School, Staplefield, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH17 6EQ.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
For more information please contact the School Office on 01444 400 228.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to a 6 month probationary period and an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Monday 19th March 2018
Closing date: 19 Mar 2018