Learning Support Assistants
39 hours per week, Term Time Only
St Philips School, South Chessington
Grade C, Spine Point 12-14 £17,303 - £17,569 per annum (FTE £19,906 - £20,212 per annum)
Required for Summer Term 2018
Contract: One year (initially)
A number of (initial) one-year contract vacancies have arisen.
These roles will require the successful candidates to work with pupils who have a range of special educational needs; providing general lesson support to different classes, in a range of subjects. Students at St Philip's School have moderate learning difficulties, ASD and other needs such as chromosomal syndromes.
Applications are invited from individuals interested in working in a genuinely unique setting, where a holistic approach to the personal development of young people includes supporting their cognitive, emotional and mental health well-being. The level of support our students require is ever changing therefore we welcome applications throughout the academic year.
The successful candidate will:
- Supervise activities for individuals or groups under the direction of a teacher
- Help to prepare activities for the pupils' educational and developmental needs
- Promote appropriate behaviour in line with the school's behaviour policy
- Support the school ethos by promoting a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils
- Be aware of, and comply with, all school policies and procedures; particularly relating to child protection, first aid, health, safety and security, confidentiality, data protection, reporting any concerns to the relevant person
St Philip's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; there is an expectation that all staff share this commitment.
To apply please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 9th March 2018
Closing date: 9 Mar 2018