Learning Disability Nurse Band 7
36 hours per week, term time plus 4 weeks
Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust
Scale PO4, SP41- 44. £34,590 - £37,121
We are currently seeking a Band 7 Learning Disability Nurse to join our dynamic and committed staff team. You will work within the Nursing Team in conjunction with lecturing staff, promoting good health and wellbeing in all students by contributing to the development and implementation of the College's/Academies and Associates health care practice. You will be expected to provide a high quality service to our students to ensure that all individuals 'can learn and achieve.'
You will have experience of working with people with disabilities and a particular interest in learning disabilities, including epilepsy and other neurological disorders, such as intellectual disability and autism.
You must have:
- First Level Nursing qualification - Minimum 4 years' post registration experience.
- Experience of working with young people and adults with learning disabilities.
- Ability to work autonomously and as an independent practitioner.
- Worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team of therapy, medical, educational and care colleagues.
- Provided clinical expertise including initial assessment, therapeutic interventions and behaviour management.
- Family/ Carers liaison experience.
- Responsibility training members of staff.
- 998/Mentorship or equivalent.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Click here for the job description
Click here for further details
Click here for the person specification
Closing date: 31 Dec 2015