Independent Listener (Volunteer)
Once a Term
Surrey and Sussex
Brantridge School, St Dominic's School and Grafham Grange School are residential special schools, catering for pupils with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC), including those with Asperger's Syndrome and those with a diagnosis of ADHD and associated learning difficulties.
The Schools are sponsored academies and are part of the Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust (OHC&AT) family. Together the schools form OHC&AT's Surrey & Sussex Hub (SASHUB).
We are seeking to appoint a child focused Independent Listener to support our pupils in line with the National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools and compliment the work of our Care Team and parents/carers.
- To provide a confidential support service that allows our pupils to communicate concerns or problems as part of our commitment to pupils to ensure that they feel safe and have someone to talk to.
- To visit the school a number of times throughout the year to familiarise yourself with our school environment, staff and residential pupils.
- To have knowledge of policies and procedures in relation to Child Protection and Safeguarding with regard for Keeping Children Safe in Education DfE 2016, Working Together to Safeguard Children DfE 2015 and the National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools DfE 2015).
You will have:-
- Qualifications/experience in counselling or advocacy.
- An interest in working with school age children who live away from home.
- An understanding of key legislation including the Children Act 1989, the Children Act 2004 and National Minimum Standards.
- An ability to work with a variety of adults and children in a school environment.
For further details please contact the school office by sending an email to email@example.com by telephoning 01444 400228.
Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to a 6 month probationary period and an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Monday 19th March 2018 at 4.00pm
Closing date: 19 Mar 2018