What we do
At all levels, OHC&AT governance offers support and challenge to leaders and managers within the organisation. The Board of Directors has overall responsibility for the strategic direction of OHC&AT and operates according to the terms laid out in the Articles of Association.
Key responsibilities include:
- Setting the values, aims and objectives of OHCAT;
- Agreeing a policy framework for achieving the agreed aims and objectives;
- Appointing the Principal/Headteacher of OHCAT Academies;
- Defining and delegating responsibilities to the Local Governing Bodies (LGBs)in the OHCAT Scheme of Delegation.
Board of Directors meets at least once per term. OHC&AT operates a portfolio governance system, assigning strategic areas to Directors and governors via skill matching. Portfolio areas are:
- Ethos, Vision and Strategy
- Teaching and Learning
- Finance and Resources
- Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Child Protection
- HR and Organisational Development
- Business Development and Marketing
As part of their portfolio activities, Directors play an important part in the life of the organisation through participation in such activities as learning walks, interview panels, data scrutiny, policy review and many more.
The Board has also established the following committees to oversee specific aspects of OHC&AT's work:
- Remuneration Committee: this meets once per year to determine the salaries of senior post holders;
- Audit Committee: this meets twice per year to provide robust scrutiny of all matters pertaining to finance, quality and risk management;
- Chairs' Committee: this twice yearly committee brings together the Chairs of every governing body at local and Director level, allowing for clear communication between LGBs and the Board;Details of Directors' and Members' attendance at meetings, date of appointment, register of business interests, as well as the Scheme of Delegation and Schedule of Responsibility, can be found on the Statutory Information page.