The Beaconsfield College Centre is located within a quiet residential setting and is in walking distance of New Malden, the town centre. The Centre can accommodate 30-40 students aged 16+ and there are many facilities on-site for the students to support their learning.
Students and staff enjoy being part of the local community and students are supported in work opportunities with many local businesses and community groups including Home Farm Trust, New Malden Waitrose, Sweetys News Shop, Roehampton College Library, Mitcham Common, Shared Lives, Kingston Eco, Sainsbury’s, Enhance Able, Mencap Kingston, Kingston Involve, Platform 1, Bedelsford School, Dysart School and St Phillip’s School.
– NATSPEC Games 9th May
– Kingston Community Police visit for student communication workshop 15th May.
– Kingston HFT creative arts performance 23rd May.
– Enhancable and HFT digital festival June (dates TBC).
– Student Council visit from Michele Humphreys – Orchard Hill College Committee Governor 5th June
– Kingston Community Sports Day at Richard Challoner School on the 12th June – local schools and college competitions.
– Student outstanding achievement awards 3rd July.
Outcomes for learners are outstanding, teaching, learning and assessment are excellent and the extremely diverse programmes that meet learners’ individual needs, interests and aspirations, prepare them very well for life after College.
To help raise awareness for World Down’s syndrome day, students and staff at Wyvern House, Hillingdon all came in with their odd socks (and plenty of spare odd socks so everyone could join in the fun!) Odd socks were chosen …
This term saw the introduction of coffee mornings in each of our regional hubs. The informal events provide an opportunity for students, parents and carers to engage with staff and talk through the transition process. College students enjoyed getting involved …
This term, BedZed student Kane started his work experience at All Saints church in Mitcham. Staff observed that he was very focused and able to carry out a variety of jobs. Kane’s hard work demonstrated his ability to following instructions, …